Not all answers to inspection requirements have to be challenging!
Getting things done in time is always a challenge. And other pressures often make the task even harder. We understand that, and so offer inspection capacity to help you get the job done and hit the deadlines you’ve been set.
Keeping things as simple as possible keeps them efficient and controls costs. That’s why we develop and provide a range of unique test systems. As a result, you can access new technology to simplify inspection – without paying the price for development.
Comprehensive in-house NDT inspection services
Using skilled personnel and our specialist facility, our broad range of inspection services cater for all your NDT testing needs. At present there are six widely used methods of non-destructive testing, all of which we offer at NDT Consulting. These inspection methods can either be used by themselves or as part of a combination for more optimal results
- Visual inspection
- Radiography / digital radiography – used on a variety of products such as welds, castings, forgings and fabrications
- Magnetic particle inspection (MPI) – uses magnetic fields and small magnetic particles, such as iron filings, to detect flaws in components
- Liquid penetrant testing (PT) – used to test a variety of both metallic and non-metallic materials such as welds, forgings, castings, plastics and ceramics
- Eddy current testing – used exclusively for tests and measurements on metals and for thickness measurements of non-conductive materials backed by metals
- Ultrasonic inspection – uses high frequency sound energy to conduct examinations and make measurements
- Nital etch – use of nitric acid to reveal grinding abuse
On-site inspection. A popular option.
We also undertake on-site inspection work on behalf of a number of clients, carrying out ultrasonic, magnetic, penetrant and eddy current tests on a variety of components and structures.
Eddy current inspection has become a significant part of our on-site testing activity. In particular, this involves inspecting tubes of oil collars and heat exchangers sited at industrial developments and on floating structures such as ships and submarines.
As problem solvers, we pride ourselves on technique development and working with exotic materials. No challenge is beyond our capability. Try us and see for yourself!
“With a 100% on time delivery record over the last 6 months and a willingness to meet challenges on new specifications and delivery deadlines, NDT Consultants are an essential key supplier in allowing us to supply turnkey solutions and mission critical components to the upstream oil and gas industry”